WHAT IS ABA?
Applied Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) uses the scientific principles of learning and motivation in order to effectively teach children. It focuses on the idea that the consequences of what we do affect what we learn and what we do in the future.
Behaviors ABA Therapy Can Help Increase:
- Language (i.e., requesting, tact/expressive, listening responder/receptive, following directions)
- Imitation Skills
- Gross/Fine Motor Skills
- Visual/Perceptual Skills (e.g., puzzles, matching, sorting)
- Activities of Daily Living (e.g., toileting, dressing, and brushing teeth)
- Social and Independent Play Skills
- Community Skills (e.g., crossing the street safely, grocery shopping and cooking)
- Reading and Writing
Behaviors ABA Therapy Can Help Decrease:
- Any repetitive/stereotypic behaviors
- And many more maladaptive behaviors